Happy December everyone. Hope you've recovered form any turkey induced coma you may have run into over the long weekend.
Our next business meeting Wednesday, December 4th, 6:30-8:30 at the Boston Ballet 5th floor board room (Corner of Warren & Clarendon)
Usual meeting format:
6:30-7 - Neighborhood Networking. Meet your neighbors in an informal setting.
7-8:30 - Business meeting.
On the agenda this month:
- 39 Milford st - request for support for a 2nd floor rear deck
- Committee agendas (see below)
- Open Member Discussion
Neighborhood planning continues this meeting! We started forming committees at the last meeting. We'll continue that effort - see what the committees have been up to in organizing themselves and continue discussion of ideas for the coming year. As well as street captains, we started work on some committees. The descriptions are listed again below.
- Neighborhood Improvements - How can we make our neighborhood shine! Educate people about trash. Organize cleanups. Work with the city on hot spots for sidewalks/street repairs. Maybe even start new beautification projects!
- Social Events - We had so much fun at the pot luck, you wanted more! Bi-annual pot lucks. neighborhood nights at local restaurants? Dinner club? Wine club? Monthly 'stoop night'? Maybe a welcome wagon for new residents? What fin things can You think of??
- Safety - Work with the NA, BPD and street captains on neighborhood safety. Attend BPD crime meetings. Organize neighborhood walk-throughs with BPD on how to make doorways and alleys safer. Maybe fundraise for alley lighting and numbering.
- City Liaison - work with us as we meet with different city agencies and politicians to keep the NA/City connection alive and productive
- Membership - work with the Treasurer to help promote the NA and boost NA membership
- Local Business - help re-establish the NA relationship with local businesses. Let them know who the NA is and how we can benefit from each other. Welcome new businesses. Maybe have businesses speak at the NA. Work with local businesses to sponsor events and activities.
If any of their activities interest you, or you have more ideas, bring them to the meeting. Let's get get our committees going with ideas and members and plan for a great year! And don't forget to bring a friend - the more people involved, the more things we can do!
If you haven't yet renewed your annual membership, or are looking to join us, head to the ESNA Membership Page. There you can renew on-line with your credit card, or print out a membership form to mail in with a cheque.
Hope to see everyone there!