Monday, March 17, 2008

Michael Flaherty comes to your house

City Councilor at Large Michael Flaherty has announced, well, he'll come to your house. It's best to read... See his notice below. If you have a group of neighbors you hang out regularly, this could be your chance for someone in City Hall to listen



Last week, I [Councilor Flaherty] officially announced the launch of my Kitchen Table Conversation Tour. For the next year, I will be visiting with groups of residents at their kitchen tables and in their living rooms to field your suggestions and observations about how we can make sure our city is moving in the right direction.

What I am hearing loud and clear from many residents is that they are tuned out and turned off from local government. Many people have lost interest in what our local leaders are doing, and, even worse, they feel like city government is losing interest in them.

The goal of my kitchen table conversations is to get people tuned back in to what is going on in their neighborhood and across their city. Through your personal input, I also aim to end the disconnect between city policies and the needs of everyday residents, families and small businesses. I look forward to meeting with people in their homes and sharing their stories and ideas with you in the months ahead.

If you would like to host a gathering at your house, please contact me at Michael.F.Flaherty@cityofboston.gov or call my office at 617-635-4205. I hope you will save a seat for me at your kitchen table.

No comments: